Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 7, 2010

Moving Forward, One "Stitch" at a Time...

It's been a busy and productive week; finished up lot's of stuff for Masterworks Chorus, played piano a little, sang a little, went to two book clubs and exercised my mind, finished three quilts and mailed one off to Susan for Baby Kirsten.  I found some great gifts for my daughters-in-law for their birthdays and Laura's wedding shower, and am excited to be seeing both of them (and our sons) within the next two days.  We bought a new camera for our trip to Scotland; now we will just have to wait and see if that little Icelandic volcano causes any more air travel excitement.

Business plans are taking shape.  We will be taking our training classes on our Gammill the first week of July and the machine will be delivered shortly afterward.  I should be up and running by August, I think.  I've even reserved my domain name, and will start planning my web site soon.  Guy is busy reading the 265-page computer manual that we will have to become familiar with.  Shown above are a few pictures of the machine we are buying, for those of you who don't know what a long-arm stitcher looks like.  This one comes with a computerized module that is pretty incredible.  The picture below shows the size of the machine.  It's a 14-ft table with about a 4-ft bed.  I'm finishing up quilt tops like crazy so I will have lot's to experiment with.  It's going to be a beautiful Mother's Day Weekend.....happy Mom's Day to all my friends, grandma's, aunts, etc.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment