Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend of Enjoyment

I got a full dose of "Momism" this Mother's Day weekend.  Guy and I went into NoVa to visit with Patrick and Blanton.  Blanton gifted me with a full manicure and pedicure Friday evening before our dinner at Present, a wonderful Vietnamese restaurant in Falls Church.  We ate our way through "Autumn Shawl", incredible "spring rolls" made from rolled rice crusts, and I had the "beef special" which was shredded beef mixed with vegetables, scallions, ginger, smoked in a bamboo shaft.  It was awesome.  Duck, calamari, and soft-shelled crabs also got shared with everyone.

       Saturday morning saw me up bright and early, headed to the Eastern Shore for a wonderful bridal shower for my daughter-in-law to be, Laura Taylor, hosted at her parents home outside of Preston, MD.  We feasted on a lovely morning brunch, and it was great to get a chance to meet her family before the wedding in June.  180 miles later, and I was back in Mt. Jackson, ready for an early evening with my hubby.  Sunday we went to Woodstock Cafe for a late lunch, wine-tasting, and music performance; how nice to just sit happily on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and be entertained by local musicians in our own little local "bistro" in Woodstock.  Finished off the evening doing what I love to do most--great dinner of asparagus, awesome meat loaf with sauteed mushrooms in a red wine demi-glace, and Greek cracked potatoes.  Phone calls from my sons only added to my enjoyment of a full and loving weekend with my family and my husband.  Life in the Valley is good, as usual.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment