Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 30, 2010

Busy Busy Day!

Well, I am moving forward on our thoughts for a business.  Registered our name in Virginia today, "Quilted Solutions."  Got an EIN number from your friend and mine, the Internal Revenue Service.  Registered our name as DBA in Shenandoah County.  Got a Home Occupation business permit from the Planning and Zoning Board in Shenandoah County.  Almost made it through the Virginia Department of Taxation Website when something went "flooey" and couldn't finish getting my number.  We are making progress.  I am setting up a business spreadsheet.  I am reading books; Guy is reading computer manuals.  Research on marketing, advertising, good business practices, and the like.  I'm having fun; now I just want to get my longarm quilter and start making lovely things.  Have to wait a while, though.  Off to Scotland on the 17th and back the next week; no sense planning training sessions right now.  But, a thoroughly satisfying (and only slightly frustrating) day.  Posted some new pictures.  Enjoy!  Enough of Winter; spring is almost over, too, given the temperature tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment