Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Just a Few More..........It was a Great Sewing Day!!

Well, since I can't seem to do this all at once, here are two more quilts that I finished up and are ready to be quilted today:

The first one is my "Spring in January" or "How I Fought the January Blahs" quilt--made with some gorgeous fabric samples that I got from my friend Peg Gorman:

The next quilt has been in the works for quite some time.  It's made with Civil War Reproduction fabrics, done in an old pattern called "Churn Dash" or "Hole in the Barn Door" or "Monkey Wrench."  It's made of indigos and cheddars, and the stripes in the sashing gave me fits.  (Note to friends:  please do not let me start working with stripes; having to cut out 84-inch sashing without deviating from the pattern is a pain in the "you-know-where.":

Oh, and here's one more.  When I started this I said I was going to finish up old things.  These are some "orphan blocks" I made in the "Birds in the Air" pattern.  I made a big wallhanging out of some of these, and when I did, I was sure I had more blocks, but couldn't find them.  Well, I found them.  This will become a table runner. 
Anybody need any quilts?  I might be willing to sell some of these when they are done.  I have several others I need to get started on:  a baby quilt for Susan's newest little girl, Kirsten (4 months old); a wedding quilt for someone who shall yet be unnamed, but who got engaged over the weekend, Tracy's star quilt from homespun plaids.........guess you get the drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment